Missouri Pacific Caboose
In July 1987 NBRRM took delivery of a 1950 caboose built by the Missouri Pacific Railroad at its Sedalia, Missouri shops. Known first as IGN #276, it was rebuilt as MP #13385 in 1964 by the International Car Co, rebuilt again in 1970 and listed as "retired" in 1980. These were all steel cars (type SSW2) with heavy duty underframes and cushion draft gear. These standard steel cabooses were big, roomy cars with massive underframes that could take a lot of abuse. Over the years, many modifications were made to the original car, including addition of electricity, radio equipment, modern cooler/ice chest and drinking water systems, oil fired stove/heater, and comfortable interiors.